Thursday, June 1

7th Grade Concert

Once again we find ourselves at the end of another school year.  Zach has loved every minute of 7th grade and has grown not only physically but socially as well.  His love for school is awesome to see and I hope it will always be this way.

I don't have to worry about him at all these days.  He has what we call around here... his "poop in a group".  Homework gets done without having to ask, gym clothes are packed and ready to go every Monday without reminding, lunch made, computer charged, papers magically appear on the counter for me to sign - especially those weekly practice sheets.  I seriously don't do a thing for him.  It's kind of amazing!

Perhaps his biggest challenge has been band.  He likes it but I don't think he's been drinking any of the "band juice" that kids who are sold hook, line and sinker drink.  It's been really good for him.  He's faced challenges, isn't always at the top of the ranks because competition is tight and has to actually work at it.  For the kid who has had all things come easy this has been a bit of an eye opener for him but such a growth opportunity as well.  As I sat at the concert the other night I watched him play with enthusiasm (head bobbing to the beat) and determination.  He's made some great friends in band and I know next year will be just another year of fun. 

See him to the left?  :). Doesn't he look handsome up there?!


Here he is...love this kid!




No comments: