Friday, June 2

I'm sorry...WHAT?!?

Somehow we're here.  Somehow 6 years flew by for this kid and we have a 5th grade graduate.  Somehow time is ticking by even though I've told it to slow down.

This kid had a tough year.  He's persevered through some tough times and come out stronger.  Turns out he takes after his mom a bit and is a worrier.  I'll admit I worry from time to time...ok...every day about every thing.  And he's got the same (insert sarcastic voice) "wonderful" quality.  Despite all of that he has managed to maintain all A averages in each subject.  He also received a Presidential Award because of that amazing GPA and doing great things on the STAAR test.   


So parents were asked to send in a picture taken in kinder or earlier.  I couldn't resist this one.  I didn't tell A which picture I sent in but I did tell him the girls were going to love it!  Isn't my job to make him squirm a little?!


This year I've watched A become a little stronger when it comes to his friendships.  He has had to stick up for himself this year more than ever.  It's been good for him though.  He never flinches when it comes to fighting back with his brothers but with friends it's a different story.  He's learned a lot when it comes to "quality friends".


And this one...she left at 6 am to be here with A.  It was a close one because we all know the traffic in this city is TERRIBLE but she made it!  I'm just thankful she was safe because those 18 wheelers are crazy on I35, right Mimi?


Since this day was all about A we didn't have the other two boys with us...just the 5th grade graduate with his parental units.


After the graduation the PTA throws a party for the kiddos.  They each get a t-shirt, pizza, drinks and Menchie's for dessert.  The inflatables sit in the courtyard for them, water hoses get turned on, the DJ blares the music and the kids enjoy their last few hours together at DCE.




And then the courtyard turns in to a mud pit and the kids stink and the whole area smells like fish...



But all are happy and that's all that matters!

No comments: