Monday, March 17

Our days


Saturday we took the boys to volunteer at a food pantry.  I'd heard about it from a friend so I knew what to expect.  It was a great way to start our spring break, I must say.  As we drove up in the drizzle we saw the line wrapping around the building.  M pointed out that we don't have to wait in a line to get our food, we just walk into HEB.  It was an eye opener for the boys as they sat in the back seats just looking out the window as we drove slowly past the line.  We were in charge of bagging groceries for the people that came through.  Some were homeless but many seemed like they'd fallen on rough times.  They came through the pantry with their own bags and we helped stock them up.  A and Z helped ferry the shopping baskets after we loaded up bags back to the line where the people were waiting to go through.  That day we served about 150 people.  It's important to me that the boys serve others, even at this age.


Heehee!  I just love this belly button.  It has not changed since he was a baby.  It's still the softest, squishiest little beebo.  Just the body around it is bigger now.  


There are no words...


Even Batman needs to protect his head...


Yup, ever since the first hockey game, the boys have been obsessed.  It's my living room...and it's their hockey rink.


Here it is Thursday and we have our first big spring break adventure.  We drove to San Marcos so I could take pictures of my cousin while the boys went to the movies with Mimi and Pappasito.  I had a great time taking pictures of Rachel!


Another successful demo, another celebration!  This week M traveled to Chicago to present the demo himself in front of many of IBM's top clients.  He stood on stage with a VP and wowed the audience with the product he was in charge of designing.  I have prayed for him to find job satisfaction for a very long time now.  As the sole bread winner of our family it's a lot of pressure for him and not always glorious.  He works so hard for our family and it is quite draining on him.  I encourage him to find outlets (vegging in front of the computer playing a video game or now it's mostly time spent training for his Ironman).  My prayer has remained the same - please keep him healthy and help him find job satisfaction.  God has heard my prayers and they are being answered.  I could not be more proud of him or more elated that things are starting to go his way.



No comments: