Thursday, January 28

New Arrival and Guest Blogger


Mama is fast asleep and so is our new little man. I am going to guest blog today as I suspect it will be quite some time until she is back into the game.

Sunday we had a wonderful day, enjoying the fellowship of friends and the good weather. About 2:00 in the morning I hear:

"M, which neighbor has contractions?"

"eh, what?"

"You know the neigbor that the doctor gave us on what to do!"

"eh, what?"

As it turns out I am quite worthless in the middle of the night and while she was dealing with labor pains, I surmised she was actually looking for a "PAPER" the doctor gave us that I dutifully filed away in my office. (In my defense they sound the same)

Next thing you know we are dropping Z off at school and A off at a friend's house. 3 hours later our little guy joined our clan at 7 lbs, 3 oz, breaking the record A set 3.5 yrs earlier.

Today we get to go home and at some point I expect mama to put her Photoshop skills to work and fix the poor excuses I took for photos.

BTW - a shout out to the Angels sent to us this week to lend a hand:
  • In laws - only these two could make order out of the chaos at home
  • Angie - took care of A and had the right words at the right time for us
  • Dr Jo - always good for a laugh and encouragement
  • Ken - cooking the meal that likely triggered J's arrival

1 comment:

Jennifer M said...

Nice job, Matt! Thanks for sharing his story! Jordan is sure a sweetie! Love to your Family of Five