Thursday, December 11

Off to Winter Park!

We made it! It was a long day for everyone involved, but we did it!

The day started off a little rocky. Z came down with a cough on Monday and by this morning it was quite goopy. I made a quick call to our hero Dr. G and got Z an early appointment. I always get nervous if one of the boys gets sick right before a trip. He was acting OK and didn't have a fever so I knew we weren't too bad. So we got a prescription and were on our way to school.

After a few hours at school and some yummy Krispy Kreme doughnuts for the class we ran home to get M and our luggage. Off we went to the airport. The boys had a ball eating pizza to make them stronger for the snow...



and watching the planes come and go...
Our flight took off around 5:30. M grabbed the seat next to the boys and at first I was disappointed but then I realized I got to sit back and relax. I hadn't prepared for that and had to find something to keep myself occupied. So I played with my camera.

Just in case you were wondering how we kept them entertained...the following picture might give you some idea.


We landed in Denver about 7:00, grabbed our baggage and caught a shuttle to the rental cars. We stood out in the cold installing the brand new (Thank You God) car seats we rented. Then hit the road. A was out 15 minutes into the drive. Z on the other hand lasted a good 45 before the back seat got really quite, except for the snoring.
We arrived at 10:15 (11:15 our time)...
and finally checked in after we picked up some snacks from the 7-Eleven. Everything closes at 10 and we missed that by 5 minutes...
All in all it was a great, painless trip up to the resort.



No comments: