Friday, December 12

Happy Birthday Z!!

Crazy!!! My big boy is 5! Poor guy has been feeling under the weather with his cold and cough but he is hanging tough. The cold weather has actually helped his cough just like Dr. G said it would. I am so glad I found that out before we left because we might not have enjoyed ourselves as much had I not known.

This morning we opened his presents...yes, I took them with us. We played for a little while then it was time to head outside.


Here is the birthday boy telling me he's 5 now.


And little A taking no time to warm up to the snow today!



This was the first day we actually saw the sun! It has been really overcast here.



The boys were way impressed with how the snow hit the water below. But I think M had more fun just throwing it.


The major complaint: "I can't make a towball!" The snow is sooo powdery that it won't stick together. The poor snowballer we brought with us isn't working. :( Here is A working hard on his "towball".


The final result: (Can you see it?)

Z had to work hard to make this one.


After some time playing outside the condo we made it across the street to the lifts. Everything is so convenient - just walk right out the door.

Then we had a conversation something like this:
"A!"
"Cheeeeeeze."
Literally TWO seconds later...
"Imfurstyiwannagohoome!!!!"
"A, I can't understand you when you're crying."
"Imfurstyiwannagohoome!!!"
"We'll go back to the room in just a minute."

"O Tay."

And this was Z during that whole conversation. Just watching the skiiers.


Tonight the biggest (tallest) surprise of all arrived. Z had no idea that Uncle Joe was going to be joining us. We told him we had to go wait by the elevators for his BBIIIG surprise.
"Daddy. Is it almost here? I'm tired of waiting."
"It's on the way. Just keep watching the elevators."
"Do I have to sit here? I wanna go play with my brother."
"OK. But watch for the doors to open."
The doors finally open and you can almost see the wheels turning in his head.

Then we heard... "UUUNNNCCLE JOOOOOOOOOOE!!!!" as Z jumped into his arms.


The plan was to eat dinner for Z's birthday in the town of Winter Park but when we woke up for our naps and looked out the window we saw this:


So instead we found a pub on the resort and had yummy burgers and mac and cheese. :)
I think his birthday was a success!

No comments: