Sunday, August 10

So Proud

Friday night I was out with Missy gathering things for the Sip N See. I had fun because I can't remember the last time we were out together without kids in tow. We were able to hold a conversation without interruptions! Crazy! :)

I planned ahead and set the DVR to record the opening ceremonies. Yesterday I sat on the couch with M ready to watch what I heard was "unbelievable". I had no idea what I was in for!!! As I sat and watched the drummers I had tears in my eyes. Having traveled to China just a few months ago I remember seeing the people, witnessing the poverty, and feeling the sense of pride that they were going to host the Olympics. As I sat in front of the t.v. I was so happy for them! All of the hard work was paying off and here they were for the world to see what they can accomplish.

I will forever hold the people of Beijing in a special place in my heart. They touched me in a way I never thought was possible and I can't even put it into words. Walking through the hutongs (neighborhoods) was an experience I'll never forget.

So good for them! Way to impress the world!

No comments: