Thursday, July 3

Day 2 - Waldbusser Weekend

Today we had even MORE excitement!! Last night Uncle Jakob, Oma, Heidi and little Jakob arrived. The first item on our list of things to do was hit the beach!



M made his usual sand creation, only this time he had help from his brothers. I got some lessons from Heidi who also loves photography. Z loved the water even more than last week because the waves were bigger and stronger. (Mom was not in love with that part.) And A just wanted to play in the sand at the edge of the water.



Poor little Madison. She couldn't even eat her chips in peace without the seagulls flocking to her and waiting for their handout. It was quite funny to watch all of them watching her.

So after some fun on the beach we all went back to the house. Our family needed some rest to stay on our usual schedule. The first night A didn't sleep well because he kept bumping into the mirrored closet doors so I moved him to the twin bed I was sleeping in. He'd been doing better...until today. All 3 boys were in their beds trying to go to sleep while I finished up with my shower. I was drying my hair when I heard the loudest thunk ever - even over the sound of my blow dryer. I turned it off and heard A screaming. Then I heard M mutter something. I rushed into the bedroom to find A bleeding from his mouth and M saying, "He broke the window!"

I had put the hurricane blind up on the outside of the window to darken our room, so I couldn't quite see the glass without the sun coming in. When I raised the outside blind here's what I found:

Yes, A broke the window - the window on the second story. It makes me cringe to think about what could have happened if he hadn't just shattered the glass and if the hurricane blind hadn't been up at the time. It makes my stomach flip.

After A calmed down, I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I jumping". He was jumping on the bed (under the covers according to M) and hit the window. We're not sure what part of his body made contact with the window but he seemed ok, with the exception of his tongue. He bit it on both sides - hence the blood coming from his mouth.

I'll be sleeping in this bed again.

I think this is more excitement than I can handle...

No comments: