Sunday, August 23

Denial

Today.  Today is a big day.  It's the night before school.  Normally it wouldn't matter much to me but today...today it does.  As we sat in church this morning I couldn't even concentrate on the readings or homily.  I sat there daydreaming about all the changes about to take place in less than 24 hours.  Then I found myself in a panic to blog.  Let's be honest...I haven't blogged in over a year!  But now I realize how quickly time is passing and I needed to blog right there in church.  What's the big emergency?  My baby starts middle school TOMORROW!

Last Thursday night we went to his open house  I'd say he was pretty excited.


We entered the school, grabbed a map and set off for his first class along with hundreds of other eager soon-to-be sixth graders and their parents.  Over the next hour we spent 8 minutes in each of his classes and had 4 minutes to get from one to the other.  He ate it up!  Me?  I wondered how the heck we'd gotten there!!


Z is ready.  In my heart I know he's going to love it and grow even more among the many opportunities that will be placed before him.  Today I prayed for him a lot.  I prayed he has a wonderful first day and his excitement continues to burn.  I prayed he finds his classes easily, makes new friends with strong morals and stays true to himself along the way.  He makes me so proud every day of the young man he is becoming.  Here's to a new chapter in our lives...

No comments: