Thursday, September 12

How many?

Last night I made chili.  Yes, it's still hot outside, I know.  I've been gluten free (just the big stuff - bread, pasta, yummy breakfast stuff, etc.) for almost three weeks.  Sometimes a girl gets tired of meat and veggies and needs to change things up a bit.  So.  I made chili.  The recipe I use has four different kinds of beans...black, kidney, great northern and garbanzo.  This is important.

M and Z were off at soccer practice so it was just me and the other two.  I have to admit sometimes I enjoy these evenings because I feel I can really talk to these two when it's just us and connect over dinner.  So last night I was asking A about his day.  I looked over and saw J staring at a lone garbanzo bean that had fallen on the table.  It was almost as if I could read his mind.  There it lay...in all it's glory...a tiny, round replica...of a butt.  Without missing a beat he says, "That looks like a booty!!"  I couldn't help myself.  I laughed OUT LOUD!  Then A started laughing.  And J was so proud, he laughed too.  All over a "booty" bean.  I told him, "You gotta eat your booty beans, they help it grow bigger."  More laughter.  "I can see you haven't eaten very many because your booty isn't that big!"  Well then A needed a number and I said J has only eaten 2 and he had eaten maybe 7.  More laughter.  The final question of the conversation from A..."How many have Mommy and  DADDY eaten?!"

And so I ask you...have you been eating your booty beans?