Sunday, September 15

Happy Birthday, M!

Yesterday was M's birthday.  It was the 19th birthday we've celebrated together.  We spent the day going to Z's first soccer game, watching football with his brother and later that afternoon the boys took off to see the Horns play.  It was a quiet birthday but they tend to be that way as you get up in your years. ;)

When we met back in 1990 I never would have guessed we'd someday get married.  He was in my circle of friends but "going out" with one of my fellow flute playing friends.  At the time we were the same height and practically weighed the same too!  When we ran across each other at freshman orientation in 1995 I had lost touch with all of my DeSoto friends and he recognized me first.  His face looked familiar and after a quick glance at his name tag I instantly remembered him.  He was taller, much taller, and hot!  Those eyebrows are so mysterious and one of my favorite features (among other things).  Holy cow, I couldn't believe the little Bart Simpson t-shirt wearing boy was the one standing in front of me.

Here we are many, many years later and I feel so blessed to call him my husband and father of our boys.  Since day one he has treated me with respect and always considered me his best friend, just as I have him.  We are soul mates and if you look back at our story I know we are meant to be together.  I pray God will continue to bless him with good health and thank him every day for bringing him into my life.

I love you, M!  Happy Happy Birthday!



No comments: