Thursday, February 25

Peanut

is one month old already! In some ways it has gone by so quickly. In others (nighttime feedings) it has gone by sooooo sloooowwwly. I am trying to embrace all of it right now. The warm snugly baby, the fuzzy little hair, the funny blow out diapers, the fact that this little guy depends on us for everything.

We are on a schedule now...woohoo!! Granted, some days I may let him get away with swaying me just a bit on feeding, but for the most part we're good. Those nighttime feedings have improved greatly! We've gone from every other hour to more consistent three hour stretches. Last night he even gave me 4! But, shhhh, don't want to say that too loudly and jinx it!

He has turned into a bit of a beefcake. Guess I have some good milk! If I had to guess I'd say we're up to 9 pounds by now. Check out those cheeks! :)

He seems to be doing everything more quickly. We've had smiles already! Fleeting little grins that melt your heart. There are many while he's sleeping, but the ones with those precious eyes are the ones that get me every time. I even managed to catch part of one!

Many times we get the little glimer in his eyes. The one that tells me there is a smile in there...

And then we get the "I'm done" look/scream/cry. :)
Aaaand, we're finished. Photo session over. :)

1 comment:

Jennifer M said...

What a sweetie-pie!! A month?!?! Already? I'd better get over there and get a snuggle while everyone at my house is well :)