Wednesday, September 23

Thoughts from a 3 year-old

Little A is quite funny these days. When he's not smirking and defying us he can be quite cute and funny without even trying.

EXAMPLE 1:
The other night I made a new chicken spaghetti. It had carrots and mushrooms in it. The boys are good with carrots, but the mushrooms needed to be discreet. I chopped them...no...I minced them in hopes that they would go unnoticed by little eyes.
A asked, "Daddy, what's the black stuff?"
M played dumb and said, "I'm not sure."
Long, silent pause...wheels in A's head turning...
He said, "I fink dere bugs. I don't like bugs."

EXAMPLE 2:
M was in a less than happy mood. He'd had a busy day and the boys were not cooperating. I on the other hand was on my way out the door and as I was getting ready I could hear the disagreements from the kitchen.
I asked M, "You ok?"
He said, "Yeah, I just feel grumpy."
A voice from the kitchen table said, "I fink you need a nap."

EXAMPLE 3:
We've mentioned to the boys that we want to take them to a Hook 'Em Horns game. A is totally excited, Z on the other hand is not. Here's how the conversation goes every time it comes up.
A asks, "Mommy, can we go to a Hook 'Em Horns game? With the BIIIIG tv?"
"Yup. We'll go soon."
"Sorry Z. There is going to be a cannon." The kid knows good and well that's what big brother hates about the games...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Personally I think A is a riot. He He!! :)