Friday, July 31

Looking After One Another

It's no secret...my boys are getting big. They are able to do so much for themselves now that sometimes I can hardly remember the days of doing everything for them. Z is a great big brother and helps A if he needs assistance. But A is getting to the age where he can understand that it's important to help Z too.

This summer I've really been trying to instill in them that they are brothers and best friends who should take care of each other. When we go on play dates I remind them that one of the rules is to look out for brother. Z says, "Yeah. If my friend hits A I'll tell him to stop." A little extreme but he gets the point. :)

A few days ago as we were getting ready for bed we could hear thunder outside. No rain of course, just enough thunder to tease us. The boys wanted to sleep together and I knew it was going to be the best for all of us. So M moved Z's mattress into A's room and we tucked them in. As I was leaving the room I heard A say, "Z, if we hear thunder you have to say....You're ok. O.k Z?" And Z replied, "O.k. Don't worry. We take care of each other." Awww...yay!! It made my heart jump for joy...and then my hormones kicked in and I cried.

2 comments:

Lisa Summers said...

awwww......if they are like my girls then two seconds later one hit s the other one. They are fun right now, my girls want to sleep together all the time now too.

Queen Bee said...

Yup! That's true around here too. I think this one stuck only because they were tucked into their beds for the night! :)