Monday, May 25

"Official"

We've lived in the area since we graduated from college. And we have friends we've known since we got married...all B.C. (before children). Every now and then the girls get together for a night out and a little catching up.

Back in November when the photography was just taking off, a friend asked if I'd ever done any indoor shoots. At that point I hadn't but said I would be open to the opportunity. She remembered our conversation and contacted me a few months ago. She works for the Austin Diocese and needed an extra photographer to help her cover a few events. SURE! We met at the beginning of May so I could have a little practice in the church. With my new camera, it was a breeze.

This past Saturday was the big day. There are 6 men in their final year before being ordained as priests. This was the step to Deacon. 6 men, a full church, 30ish Knights of Columbus, 40ish priests, 40ish Deacons, a full choir, the Bishop, two videographers, my friend...and me. I was definitely a nervous excited. Armed with my camera and ear piece/walkie talkie, sitting in the front row the ceremony began. It was 2 hours long and went by soooo quickly! I had the best time sitting up front, capturing the "perfect" image, saving those moments for those 6 men. I came home energized from the opportunity and ability to serve not only the men, but a God who has given me so much.
I do it again in two weeks...for 5 men being ordained as Priests.

No comments: