Sunday, September 21

Bigger in Texas

Last night was a momentous night for the Waldbusser family. We took the boys to their first UT football game!! We had very, VERY low expectations - in fact, we were going to be thrilled if we made it half time.

M and I made it to the first game a few weeks ago and on our way we noticed these two gems had been added to the "art" on campus.

Interesting, huh? In fact, many people found them interesting. Two big balls. That's what they are, right? Now, if you were someone important on campus, you might consider where to put these babies. These...big balls. You have 40 acres, lots of open grassy areas, a plethora of places to choose to place your balls. Someone decided to put them here...

Now, COME...ON...PEEEOPLE!!! Why, oh why would you put your balls near the tower!?! I mean seriously! I know what you're thinking. She actually took a picture of this - how childish! I just want you to know that I was not alone in my picture taking!
Anyway, back to our innocent boys and the game. They totally exceeded our expectations! We made it through half of the first quarter before I had to bust into my Mary Poppins bag of tricks. The binoculars were a hit and a wonder to both. We played with play dough, colored with markers and then in the THIRD quarter we busted out the video games. We left at the end of the third quarter simply because it was getting late.



1 comment:

Eric and Kristen said...

That is too funny and I really don't know what to say! Glad to see the boys lasted that LONG!