Saturday, August 2

Like Olivia

I am amazed every day by things the boys say. Lately I've been most impressed by A because I still think of him as my "baby". He's already 2 but he's still really little to me. He's a quiet one but he is observing and connecting even when I don't know it.

The other day I attempted to get us out of a book rut by exchanging some of the books in Z's room. He has three baskets of books in there that are hardly given a second glance because they have been read countless times.


Tonight we read one of my favorites...


Olivia is a precious little pig that reminds me of my boys. She's full of energy and "great" ideas. After a trip to the museum she decides to recreate one of the paintings she saw on her bedroom wall. You see a picture of her mom looking horrified, and the next page shows Olivia sitting on the stairs with the words 'Time Out.' After I read those words in my very sad voice, A said (in a sad voice as well)...."liii me". HA! Oh how hard it was to keep a straight face. He knows! He's seen Time Out a few times...just like Olivia.

No comments: