Monday, August 27

Off to PRESCHOOL!!

Today was a big day for the Waldbusser family...Zachy started preschool! Last week we went to meet his teacher, Mrs. Box. Her class is the frog class. I laughed because that was my nickname in high school, 'Frog'. In my heart I know this is going to be a good year - little things like that are telling me not to worry.

So we woke up this morning and ate a yummy breakfast. Zachy got to eat off the red plate. It says 'You are special' all around it and it only comes out on very special occasions. When I handed him the plate this morning he knew it was a big day. He said, "I get to eat on the read plate because today is my first day of preschool!!" I couldn't help but smile at his excitement.


We were off to school at 9:15. Matt was able to come with us and that was really fun for all of us. He didn't get to see the school when we went to camp over the summer and he missed out on the day we met Mrs. Box. I was really glad he was able to share the first day drop off with us.



We entered Z's classroom and Mrs. Box greeted us. Z turned to her and said, "Hi! What's your name?" She didn't skip a beat. She said, "I'm Mrs. Box, your teacher." He said, "Yeah!" and he was off! Was I sad that he didn't say good-bye...not at all. Zachy is so ready to be with other kids his age and learn, learn, learn.

When I went to pick him up this afternoon he greeted me with the same enthusiasm he had this morning. Mrs. Jamison (the aide) told the kids to look around for a familiar face. Zachy spotted me, squealed "MAMA!!" and came running for a hug. That will never get old.

The final report: Mrs. Box said he had a great day and he is "very friendly". Yup...that's our son!

2 comments:

twiceasnice said...

I love it, he is so cute and so glad he had a great day! your email was sweet, i needed it! g and g had a great day too! I am proud of you and your an amazing mommy! much love, passi

Missy said...

Yeah! I am glad he had a good time. I still can't get over the fact that he is in preschool. Does that mean we are getting old??? Love ya, Missy