Thursday, December 10

Whose kid is that?!?!

A couple weeks ago I noticed Z had a script in his folder that was coming home every day. There was a note asking us to practice the highlighted parts. I didn't think much of it and he was so bored with it that it was a struggle getting him to practice. So I didn't push it.

Well, today was Z's last day of Theatre Arts. To cap off the 9 weeks the class had a performance for the parents...The 3 Piggy Opera. Armed with my camera and video camera for M, I attended the performance.


Z was one of three narrators. He was the first to read but the strangest thing happened. The kids sang an opening song and all the parents started clapping.



Z stepped up to the microphone and started to read but the parents were still clapping so he stopped. He tried again but still more clapping. His face turned a little red, he looked at the teacher, he looked at me and then he tried one last time. His voice was so quiet and I think...I think he felt a little....shy! WHAT?!? Surely that's not MY kid!

Well, after he read his first part, then he was just fine. He warmed up quickly and was quite fond of the microphone. I was so proud of him! Not because he did such a great job reading, but because the teacher didn't have to prompt him when it was his turn. There were so many songs in between the readers and even within the parts each reader read, but Z never lost his spot.
We may not be quite sure of "Battle of the Sexies" but we are very sure of "The 3 Piggy Opera".


No comments: