Thursday, August 27

Big backpack....little legs

Wow! Today was our little man's first day of preschool. I had no idea what to expect. We've never left him anywhere without his security blanket (a.k.a. Big Brother). In fact, when I was filling out the info. sheet about him one of the questions was "Does your child have trouble separating from you?" I wrote....Good question.

The morning started off like any other these days. We got the biggest boy ready and out the door to school. When we came home I packed up A's lunch and got him ready.

We had to take the obligitory first day picture...

But the picture I was most interested in was this one. Look at my boy! He's just little legs sticking out from his big, huge backpack! :)

As I was opening the car door to let A in I noticed he was not next to me. He came up to me holding a little purple flower he had picked from our plants. I said, "Awwww...that's pretty! Is it for me?" He said, "No Mommy. It's for Mrs. M." I think I had a look of shock on my face because he quickly said, "I can pick one for you too!" and he ran off. So here he is holding his flower...for Mrs. M.

Once inside the classroom he was a little nervous. In fact, he hid behind daddy's legs! We got him started on some paint and then we were out the door. Just like that. Will it always be that way? Who knows...but wouldn't that be nice!! :)

No comments: