Thursday, June 11

"Official" again

This past Saturday was the second ceremony I was asked to photograph. I had been looking forward to it after doing the last one however this one was a bit longer...by an hour. A total of 3 - yikes!

When I arrived I had to find a spot for my things quickly because the church was filling up with 30 minutes left before the start of mass. I ended up sitting on a little ledge next to the piano player with my stuff stashed behind a speaker. When mass finally started, there wasn't a seat left in the church! There were chairs in the foyer...not a single one open...and people standing along the back...at least 3 or 4 people deep. Craziness!

I waited for mass to begin by taking pictures and getting used to the lightning again. These photos have been edited with my textures. Just going for a new look. :)



This is J, he was a student at UT and spent a lot of his time at the UCC (University Catholic Center). Since he was closest to me I got a lot of pictures of him.




I couldn't resist this shot. He looks so peaceful and the lighting was too hard to pass up!


This shot means a lot to me and to J. Over ten years ago M and I met the priest praying over J. His name is Father Dave Farnum. When we met him he was a deacon, the last step before becoming a priest. He was the deacon that did our marriage prep! We met with him many times before we were actually married. The week before our wedding he was ordained. That was ten years ago! I didn't get a chance to talk to him but he did see me. As I was standing off to the side shooting pictures I pulled my camera away from my face. He looked up, did a double take and came over to pat me on the shoulder. For J, Fr. Dave was the priest at the UCC and the two spent a lot of time working together. I still find it amazing how God works in our lives. Here's a man that we met many years ago, only to have a run in with him a decade later as I am there serving God.






And there you have it...how I spent my Saturday morning. Kinda sad that I won't be able to do this again until they take place again next year. I already told Shelley to count me in!!

No comments: