Sunday, February 8

In Love

I tell you, my husband knows how to take care of me! My love language is quality time - we're all aware of that now thanks to the 25 Random Things About Me. So tonight we went on a family date. I needed some more envelopes for my pictures and right across the street is my little piece of heaven. Precision Camera. Ahh..I get goose bumps just thinking about that place. We went in and I had entered my candy store. After talking to a man that I would consider a Photography God, we purchased this little baby...




Oh, be still my beating heart! Isn't it beautiful!?! What is it you ask?! WHAT?! You don't know?! It's only one of the best lenses for portrait photography! It is a beautifully made piece of glass with bokeh that will melt your heart. Possibly even bring tears to your eyes, it's just that beautiful.

We got home and I had to try my little baby out. (I think I shall call her Precious.) Here is Z, my Eager Model. This is not a good representation of the bokeh so bear with me. I'm going to show you something else because I know you care. See that little number on the box by the f? 1.8. That is my depth of field with Precious. If I set the camera to that number, my depth of field is very shallow. Take a look at Eager Model. His eyes, nose, mouth are in focus, but his ears are already blurry. That is "shallow" depth of field. Now look at my "I could care less" Model in the background. He's sitting just a foot away from Eager Model and he is super blurry. That's the point!!! For portraits you want to see your subject but blur out the rest.

I might actually know what I'm talking about!! Stay tuned for some beautiful bokeh...

No comments: