Friday, January 2

A Mom's Prayer

Dear Heavenly Father,

Today I embark on a new chapter with my son. Today is the day we begin potty training. As I reflect on the potty training experience I had with my first born I am filled with feelings of dread, stress and well...flat out disdain. Holy crap that was hard!! Opps. (ahem) It makes my stomach turn and my head start to pound. Please give me the patience I need. When I see the pee running down his little leg, help me smile and say, "That's ok." When he runs through the living room and a turd falls out his pants, help me smile sweetly and encourage him to deposit his fecal matter in the potty. When I unknowingly step in a wet spot on the carpet, help me stop and breath calmly through my nose. Dear God...please make this painless.

No comments: